In June, Agenda C assisted the Australian Patients Association in obtaining information from respondents regarding their experiences with health services for their annual Australian Healthcare Index report. A survey was sent out through the Australian Patients Association’s social media profiles and received 1515 responses.
Key findings of the report:
- Top three issues for Australian healthcare include
- Private Health Insurance costs
- Emergency Department Wait Times
- Access to Mental Healthcare
- 59% of people who are seeking mental health support have been waiting 3+ months
- Only 25% said prescription medicine is affordable
- 56% of people needing category one survey have been waiting 31 days or more for surgery that should’ve been done within 30 days.
- Agenda C raised awareness of this issue by obtaining a wide array of media coverage regarding the report and its findings. As a result, stories ran on broadcast channels, print publications, online publications, and radio channels. During this media coverage period, over 6,000,000 people were reached.
You can read one of our stories here
Following the pandemic, it is evident that our national healthcare system is experiencing a crisis. With a lack of resources available for those that need them, staffing shortages have resulted in longer wait times for patients across Australia.
Throughout our media campaigns, Agenda C endeavours to utilise targeted messages that will influence change and hopefully produce positive solutions for our clients and the broader Australian population.